Thursday, September 13, 2007

Nice Things Lately
I've come across these little....pleasantries lately. It's like a little message from the universe saying, "See, things are pretty good most of the time."

  • Letting an older man in front of me on the checkout line. I had a few things, but he had just a carton of milk. He seemed shocked that I wanted to do that. Which made me a little sad, I mean, isn't that just common courtesy? But it was just a tiny gesture that made me feel good the rest of the day.
  • Hearing Judy Collins sing "Both Sides Now". I love that song. It's just so....nostalgic and lulling. I hum it all the time to Baby J.

Actually enjoying a day off from work instead of cramming it with things I "should" do. I did however:
  • Get my car fixed so as it's not a deathtrap anymore. (It was actually to the point where I was embarassed to bring it in.)
  • Get the registry (somewhat) done. There's a few more items to stick on there, but for the most part it's there. (I still can't find a decent snowsuit for this poor kid though)
  • Have a delicious and leisurely breakfast with the cowboy. It was funny - as much as he makes fun of me for my adoration of "Top Chef", after overhearing the QuickFire Challenge (which was to create breakfast in their apartment for Padma), he was dying for eggs.
  • Find a sinfully delicious chocolate-peanut butter shake that comes close to the one I tried at Max Brenner. (Holy land of chocolate)
  • Listening to (a poorly edited and chopped up version of) Rhapsody in Blue on the classical station. I own a slew of recordings of it, but there's nothing like just finding it on the radio for some reason - the random-ness of it...serendipity I guess you could call it. (Or not, as I'm often guilty of misusing words as per cowboy.)

And now I just relax, intermittentdly reading a Howard Hughes biography (after seeing part of The Aviator I was intrigued) and doing puzzles in a Penny Press book.

I need more days like this. Especially before December 17. Thank goodness Columbus Day and Veterans Day are days off too.

1 comment:

Big Pissy said...

*sigh* sounds lovely....

good for you! :)