Friday, January 12, 2007


Choking On Nostalgia

I know. I know it's a bad movie. I know it won a gazillion Razzies. I know all of that. But that doesn't keep me from loving "Xanadu." I love the music. I love the costumes. I love that Gene Kelly is a good sport and even rollerskates in the finale. I love all of it. They're currently preparing a Broadway musical version of it to be released just in time for Tony consideration. How cool is that? I want to be one of the first yahoos on line to see it.

So all day I've been listening to cheesy music that I love. There's something comforting about Gino Vannelli and ELO and Olivia Newton-John. I love how they use these lush string parts and make everything seem just so dramatic. I love how the lyrics are almost nonsense, but still get the point across.

No comments: