Monday, August 20, 2007

Ode to My Cowboy

My sweetie made sure I loved my birthday this year. We had a fabulous meal out and I received 3 new cds I had been lusting over! He also made sure the apartment was clean and tidy. He's the best. This is my favorite picture of him - I was playing with my new digital camera at the laundromat - we were staying cool last summer. I can even tell you that he was wearing his Bob Ross tee-shirt that day. But in a nutshell, that's the smile I live for, the one that tells me he's happy and content. It's the same smile I got when I got off the plane at O'Hare over 10 years ago to bravely meet this fella I had met on the internet and decided to go meet in person.
Reasons I Love Him So:
a.) He's a romantic. 'Nuff said.
b.) Children and animals follow him like he's the Pied Piper. Who'd have better judgement?
c.) He knows just about everything there is about The Simpsons, baseball, and the writings of J.D. Sallinger.
d.) He cleaned and flushed my chemo-catheter every day when I was sick.
e.) He lets me watch my wacky t.v. shows even if there's a good baseball game on.
And the most recent:
We were at my parents' house to celebrate my birthday and eat up my delicious nephew. He, my dad and brother-in-law were looking at an old (1942) atlas trying to find where Ahmed (the b.i.l) will be going if he has to go to India on business. So there's my dad, my husband and my sister's husband all gathered around this ancient book sharing together. I just took it all in and loved watching them.
I'm a lucky gal.

No comments: