Sunday, August 12, 2007

Busy Weekend

Just when you think you can kick back and relax......

Friday - I went from work to the hospital to check on a relative there. Was there for a few hours. Then ran to my lesson to teach my two girls. Then filled the car with gas. Then checked out dressers at 3 different places along the way home. (Note to self, Target's furniture is circumspect, no matter how cheap it is) Then met mom at home, whereupon we dashed to Friday's and had a lovely dinner. (As much as I'm not crazy about chain restaurants, Friday's has more than decent food with decent service.)

Saturday - Lazed around till 1:00 p.m. Went to get my eyebrows and lip waxed, went to check out more dressers (I went to this one store thinking I'd find a bargain, I found $1200 dressers!) then went to my hair appointment. Got a great haircut. LOVE this guy that does my hair. He hums while he cuts and my hair always looks amazing. I don't think I've ever loved my hair as much as I do now. And he's always interested in what I use in it and what I do. AND, as soon as I walked in, this other stylist raved about it. I felt wildly glamorous. Especially after having my lip hair removed and my eyebrows cleaned up. Then off to Diane's where we hung out, henna-ed our hair. What a process. Mixing it, glopping it in our hair and then rinsing it out. How
painstaking. AND to no avail. My grays are still gray and the color looks exactly the same. Diane's hair looked great though. So now after 2 henna attempts I am hereby officially giving up on henna. But at least we watched a good movie - The Number 23. I was surprised at how good it was. My kind of movie, incredibly well-shot, interesting story, great acting and an interesting ending. I really really liked it. Say what you will about Jim Carey. He was great in "Man on the Moon", he was great in "The Truman Show", and he was great in this movie.


Sunday - Lazy girl. Went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on essentials (mmm....avocados), got stuff to do my hair and came home and did my hair, relaxed and made "baked oatmeal" which I now bring for breakfast. It's delicious. Then I watched tv for HOURS. Seriously. I vegged (which I never never do). I wasted time by watching "Waterworld" from beginning to end. As bad a movie as it was, I still think Kevin Costner's a decent actor. Then delighted in Tommy coming home from a weekend baseball trip. I missed him.

So I did relax. Relaxing is good once in a while.

No comments: