Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Heart Sir Paul
I have to get my hands on his new album. While making dinner one night I had "The Tube" on (for more about the Tube, go here) and up popped a video for Paul's new song "Dance All Night." It was so Paul. So Beatlesque. And he's playing the mandolin on it. I love it! I so want to learn how to play it. So it got me thinking. Paul's early solo stuff was inherently Paul. And it really was different than the Beatle sound. Just as John's solo sound was so John and George's was just so George. (Ringo's solo stuff just always flummoxes me for some reason.) But now, with his last 2 albums, it seems as though Paul's returning to his roots - they're SO Beatlesque. Chaos and Creation in the Backyard sounds like it could have been recorded at Apple in between takes of doing tracks for "Revolver." It was almost eerie listening to it, as if he was working on it while someone was chanelling John next to him. And what I've heard off Memory Almost Full is in a similar vein. Which brings me to wonder if John and George would have also come full cirle if they were still with us. AND...if that's so, would a Beatle reunion really have been out of the question at that point.
Just food for thought.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I haven't gotten a chance to hear it yet, but you might be interested in this:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=3586984

Scroll down a little to see the Wednesday, June 6 and the Monday, June 4 blog entries!!!!!!

Jill

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Jill - Thanks for the link. I really like the track "Dance Tonight" on Memory Full. And I'm of the mindset that Sgt. Pepper's really is the #1 album of all time!