Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Could Never Be Rich
So I went to Bloomingdales to try to use a $50 gift card. $50 at Bloomingdales is almost silly. It's enough to get something, but nothing substantial. I mean, tee shirts were $35. $35!! That's insane. I can get 3 tee shirts for that at Target. Hence, why I could never be really "rich." I could be comfortable, where I don't have to worry about money or just go shopping at Target whenever I like, but I could never get to the point where I actually purchase $35 tee shirts.

So I looked at ridiculously overpriced clothing, totally expensive shoes, and just plain odd looking hats and scarves. Finally I reached the cosmetics department and circled around there for a while. I tried the Clinique counter, but it was occupied by annoying looking women and when I hovered around, the women in lab coats (is that supposed to make me think that these women know more about skin than the glammed up Chanel girls? it really makes me think the opposite) basically ignored me, so I gave up on Clinique for good I think. I cautiously made my way over to the Chanel counter. The girls there were really friendly and I just made my request as plain as I could. So then, lo and behold, less than 5 minutes later I'm walking away with a beautiful compact with pressed powder.

I think I'm going to start an almost all-or-nothing policy when it comes to cosmetics. Either I'll be buying Revlon and inexpensive makeup or saving my pennies for Chanel. I love it. It comes in this little velour pouch, and the compact is this simple black style with the delightful logo on it. Plus, the cosmetics are just such high quality. I'm definitely hooked.

No comments: