Friday, July 11, 2008

Much Ado About A New 'Do

I cut my hair. Well, actually, I paid someone to cut my hair. I went to see Rita at Supercuts (I know, I know, after having paid $120 plus tip to get a haircut, it's amazing to pay $20 INCLUDING a tip) and gave her a few pictures of some retro-ish type shorter 'dos, including
Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor. She seemed a little daunted, but she tried it. We couldn't see the fruits of her labor right away since she had combed my hair (a huge curly no-no) to cut it, but a few days later, it's looking downright cute and sassy.

I feel more like myself with the short hair (which is my usual style) and my purple toenails than I have in a real long time.

Me with longer hair
Me with my new and improved hair 'do

I really like it. Plus, it's so much easier, saves money on hair product and is now Lucas-proof.

4 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

ADORABLE! I am so envious of your thick, curly hair! Love that you took the plunge and went for it.

And LOVE the iced coffee from McD's behind you. I don't even want to think about how many fat calories are in one of those - who cares!

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Thanks! I love it. I'm really a short hair girl at heart. I don't know how much fat is in it, it's really just coffee with ice. Of course unless you dump in tons of cream. I go for the half and half and a little sugar. But it's yummy. The perfect fix for the "I don't have the energy to go to work" blues!

egan said...

Hells yeah, looks good. Curls can be very tough to tame. This explains why I haven't changed my hair in 15+ years. I also get my haircuts at Supercuts.

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Egan - It took me years to come to term with my curls. Then I lost them during my chemo and when they came back, I vowed to always love them. It does take some finagling to get them right, but they're worth the work.