Sunday, July 27, 2008
First Non-Cello Sunday
It's about 5:00 p.m. est. I'm not finishing up a performance or en route home from a show. I feel naked in a way. But I had a glorious day. I was able to:
* Hang with Lukey-Luke all morning all relaxed-like.
* Try my Panamanian coffee in my one-cupper. (Which shocked the hell out of me as to how good it was - not bitter, not too strong and a nice aftertaste. Exactly what Fairway CoffeeMan described.)
* Have breakfast at Our Diner (the Infinity Diner in West Babylon, if you must know). I love that the proprietor knows us and whisks us to a booth immediately. And I love that no matter what I have, it's delicious. From corned beef hash (which I'm sure Kerry will have something to say about) to a veggie omlette to my usual vanilla egg cream, it's always tasty. Even when I take a chance on something I usually don't order like chocolate chip pancakes.
* Take an impromptu nap with a sweet smelling baby snuggled next to me.
* Finish Chuck Palahnuik's newest book "Snuff". He's such a sicko, but I'm addicted to his writing.
* Have a pot of homemade sauce simmer on the stove. It smells heavenly.
It's good to have some time to myself and a week off, but rumors are a-stirring that I'll be filling in for a few shows of "Grey Gardens" at Smithtown. Love that theatre.