Friday, June 08, 2007

Walk for Two, Eat for Two, Sleep for Two*

Okay, okay, okay. I figure I should make it all official-like. I'm pregnant. I'm 12 weeks today and still a little nervous that this little person is okay. Of course when I went to my last doctor visit because I wasn't 11 weeks yet they didn't even TRY to listen for the heartbeat. (Which luckily I saw on the sonogram at 5 weeks, so I'm not entirely freaked out.)

It's just that, with all that Tommy and I have been through, I happen to think we're a little deserving of some little goodness in our life. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly thankful that I was able to beat cancer and am still healthy. And I don't think we're asking for much, just a happy, healthy baby.

I think it's a girl, but that's just me. I'd be over the moon with either a girl or a boy.

My official due date is December 21. If I had to guess, I'd say this child will make a splashy entrance and come as close to Christmas as they can if not on Christmas. And it'll be huge snow. Just a guess.

And although there have been many.....creative suggestions, where we are right now is Tessa Josephine for a girl and Lucas Ryne for a boy.

*Taken from a 10,000 Maniacs song.

6 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

*screaming with joy*

I am so happy to hear your amazing news! That teeny little baby is alive and literally kicking as we speak!

In eight short weeks, you'll even be able to find out its sex, if you want to know, that is. I found out and didn't regret it. Totally personal choice and all.

Are you pooching out yet? I love the early belly pooch!

Take care of YOU!

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Thanks Buddha girl!

I am still in shock and over the moon with the news myself.

I am so pooching out! Right now I just look like I've been digging on the mallowmars! (Hmmm....mallowmars...)

We're not going to find out but I can imagine why people would though. Maybe for subsequent children we will. I happen to have a hunch it's a girl though!

I am. A little crazy right now doing a show, but as soon as I get home, those feet go right up!

Big Pissy said...

OMG!!!!!!!

That is the MOST exciting news!

Congratulations!

btw...I love the names you've chosen. both are very cool. :)

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Thanks Pissy!! We are very very excited and just can't wait to meet this new person!

Jill said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen said...

Wow! Congratulations!