Friday, October 26, 2007

FORTUNEoff's

We've had gift cards to Fortunoff's since our wedding. Almost 5 years ago. Fortunoff's, I've discovered is one of those places where you feel bad spending money there. Even if the money isn't yours. So I went there looking for a Vera Bradley overnight bag. I figure, if I'm going to get one, it might as well be a nice one, right? So I look around and pick one out. (Isn't it pretty?)
Then I figure, I need a watch. One that works. With minute tick marks on the face. And I'm fairly picky. I want a leather (or pleather) band and a square or rectangular face. Simple. So I go to where I see watches and notice names like Bulova and Mr. Fancy Expensive Watch. So I figure maybe they have a section with lesser watches like Timex. So I ask someone and they say, "Oh yes, we have another "fun watch" section outside to the right." Okay. So I go outside to the right and see the "fun watch" section. Which consists of Tommy Hilfiger, Fendi, and Coach. Who wears a Coach watch for fun?????

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

The wealthy?

That's all I can think of..... ;-)

I have that same pattern of Vera Bradley....LOVE it! :)

Mouthy Girl said...

A COACH WATCH IS A FUN WATCH??????


A Coach watch is the GNP for some third world countries for cripe's sake!

Good luck, sister!

Maureen said...

I have a Mickey Mouse watch... so it's not surprising I would never fit in in those fancy-schmancy stores. I have no idea who most of the designers are. I guess I'm too old, but I do love the bag though! (and my daughter would adore it as well, I know!)

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

Pissy - Great minds..... :)

BG - I know. That's what I was wondering...what made them fun? The fact that they ran under $1000?

Maureen - Give me a plain ole Timex and I'm fine.