Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Okay. So I tried doing the "good mom" thing and was visiting "babycenter.com" frequently. I liked the little calendar they had that gave me a little tidbit each day. I liked being able to click on my week that I was at and get a little synopsis of what was going on.

But then they changed their format. Now I can't find anything. No little weekly calendar and all I get is my weekly synopsis. So I figure let me try the bulletin boards there and see what other women who are due in December are up to.

BIG MISTAKE.

They're all crazy. Seriously. They all have little animated cartoons of themselves all pregnant-like in their signature. They all post things like "What's for dinner tonight?" Ummmm.....let's see, I have to teach a lesson and I work all day, so whatever Trader Joe's is demoing is for dinner. The following posts there weirded me out:

"What outfit can't you wait to dress your baby in?" - How about I'm just looking forward to getting them out of my body in one piece let alone thinking about what I'm going to dress them in.

"What are you wearing to your shower?" Ummm.....aren't showers supposed to be a surprise?

They just all give me the heebie jeebies.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Heh, heh... luckily, I wasn't online when I was preggers back in 1990.... like WebMD, you gotta be careful what you read. It could be hazardous to your health.

Curly Glamour Girlie said...

I hear you. It's like they'd be the ultimate crepe-hangers (as my mom calls people like that). They'd panic if they didn't feel the baby move every 10 minutes. Of course, I panic if I don't feel the baby move, but I don't feel the need to post about it.