Monday, March 12, 2007

So-So Morning, Better Afternoon
Hit traffic right on the parkway. And why??? Not because people were rubbernecking an accident. But because people were rubbernecking the aftermath of an accident. How sad is that?

But I got to work and tried to call Dr. B's office to make sure my authorization went through. Which it hadn't up to that point. So I mentally re-arrange my whole schedule, and re-figure what I can do when.
Get through work in one piece and head to the rehearsal. Which I actually make on time and catch most of the music. Not bad. Evita's a nifty piece of work. Only about 2 hours or so, which is lightweight compared to the Rodgers and Hammerstein epics. Plus it's got some nifty little things here and there for strings. So I was done waaaay earlier than I thought. So I went to Target to buy new underwear in case I can't get to the laundromat this week. I figure underwear is something I can always use more of. So I walk in for underwear and a birthday card. Walk out with a fabulous black sheath dress, a black tee shirt (seeing a pattern here?), a birthday card, a gift, some "clean-as-a-whistle" soap, oh yeah, and some underwear. And a new dress always makes me feel good. Plus it looks slightly Holly Go-Lightly, so that's always cool.

Then I drive home (it's still light out at 6:45 p.m.!) and upon arriving home find out the doctor's office called with my authorization and I'm good to go. So I can kind of enjoy my day off on Wednesday and be all sorts of efficient.

No comments: